Chick sleeping every time

66ploin

Hatching
Aug 2, 2020
Hello there, I’m new to raising chicks. I have one chick it’s about 3months old and it just been sleeping every time, even when it’s eating or drinking he continues to keep the eyes close and feed. Please I need your Assistant as to what I need to do to help him survive because I don’t want to lose this one too.

Attachments

• 3D57BA1B-02DC-4EAC-8428-1BB15778731F.jpeg
    3D57BA1B-02DC-4EAC-8428-1BB15778731F.jpeg
    390.2 KB · Views: 10
  • AF187035-ABFB-415E-8DA6-204E125D916E.jpeg
    AF187035-ABFB-415E-8DA6-204E125D916E.jpeg
    378.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 883D0AC1-FAD0-4654-B12D-8780F41AA4D9.jpeg
    883D0AC1-FAD0-4654-B12D-8780F41AA4D9.jpeg
    516.3 KB · Views: 8
Your chick isn't sleepy. It's very sick.

You mentioned losing others. When? How many?

What is your location? We need to know your climate. Hot? Humid? Rainy?

Without a lot more information, it's really impossible to tell you what's wrong. But coccidiosis may be the culprit if you've recently lost other chicks.

Without a lot more information, it's really impossible to tell you what's wrong. But coccidiosis may be the culprit if you've recently lost other chicks.

My first thought was coccidiosis, too. This is an age where they are most susceptible to it. It never hurts to treat for it to be in the safe side.

It could potentially be lice or mites or a parasite too. Doesn’t hurt to deworm and treat with poultry dust or permethrin either.

My first thought was coccidiosis, too. This is an age where they are most susceptible to it. It never hurts to treat for it to be in the safe side.

It could potentially be lice or mites or a parasite too. Doesn’t hurt to deworm and treat with poultry dust or permethrin either.
Good morning to you. I’m from Nigeria and for the past 2months now it’s been very humid here. I have raise chicken before but my mother actually forced me into it, I fell in love with the first 2 chicks she brought home but the 2 died a week later. I have lost 8 in total. What is the best treatment you can prescribe for me as I don’t wish to lose another again. Thank you

Good morning to you. I’m from Nigeria and for the past 2months now it’s been very humid here. I have raise chicken before but my mother actually forced me into it, I fell in love with the first 2 chicks she brought home but the 2 died a week later. I have lost 8 in total. What is the best treatment you can prescribe for me as I don’t wish to lose another again. Thank you

Well I am not sure what exactly is available to you in your region but Corid is the medication used in the US for treating coccidiosis. Read about how to use it here: https://blog.cacklehatchery.com/coccidiosis-the-signs-symptoms-and-treatment/

For mites and lice you can use poultry dust. Sprinkle it on the chickens and around the coop.

https://the-chicken-chick.com/control-treatment-of-worms-in-chickens/ <— there is info about deworming chickens and the website lists several different types of medications that will work.

When it is hot outside it is critical to keep a consistent source of shade and clean, cool drinking water for the chickens. They can overheat very easily.

Good luck and I hope someone else can offer some more regional advice for you!

Back
Top Bottom