Chick sounds

Polish_kid2020

Chirping
Apr 15, 2020
Hi so I have a 9 week old barbed Plymouth Rock pullet and it recently started making a chirp that sounds like a duck quack. Does anyone know why this is? Or if it is normal?

I am having something similar with my new chicks - one started shaking her head, opening her mouth wide, and then making a soft bark like noise. Eating and drinking and acting normal. Put probiotic powder in water. Massaged crop/ throat a bit, crop doesn't seem unusual in any way but I'm not too familiar with crop issues. Used some vetrx mixed with water in a pipette/ syringe. She wasn't pleased and not very cooperative. Now I have 2 more making the same sound. All behaving normally otherwise. Any ideas?

I've never ended up with a roo, not sure. I find it even stranger that one started it and now I have 2 more doing it. 3/7 chicks ending up as roos seems like bad odds/ luck to me when they were sold sexed! I did read something about infectious bronchitis that sounded like similar symptoms, but just strange that otherwise behavior seems totally normal.

I have an Easter Egger Pullet that sounds like that too. She’s the only one. Sometimes I have heard my other hens cough or sneeze and it sounds like a honk and always makes me laugh. But the pullet just always sounds like this, not a cough or a sneeze🤷🏼‍♀️

I have an Easter Egger Pullet that sounds like that too. She’s the only one. Sometimes I have heard my other hens cough or sneeze and it sounds like a honk and always makes me laugh. But the pullet just always sounds like this, not a cough or a sneeze🤷🏼‍♀️
Mine make funny sounds too. Starting to cluck more and peep less. The opening mouth wide is so hilarious!

Back
Top Bottom