Chick speaking inside egg, how long to hatch ?

yes there would be something rong with the children
roll.png

Last edited:
Not true at all. LIne breeding happens with birds all the time, and with mammals a lot more than you'd think. The offspring will only be as good as the parent stock, though. Line breeding is to magnify desirable traits, but it also magnifies poor traits.
well i am not an expert at inbreeding and i dont think inbreeding happins to mammels a lot becouse every mammel i dont no about birds have faults and a family member has got the same faults so when a family member has a baby with another family member the faults arnt covered and the old faults are still there and new faults come so they have double the amounts of faults so proble when they crosslined the dogs they did it unperpose to create a small dog

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
My pullets are second generation from parents from the same hatch and one has a crossed beak. In looking it up I came across quite a few references to this being from breeding related birds so it is possible by the sound of it to have problems with inbreeding.

When we were kids our guinea pigs were impossible to get out quick enough they didn't get mum pregnant and we ended up with some pretty bad in bred babies some who died some couldn't walk properly and one just had a real big head. So its in mammals too.

My pullets are second generation from parents from the same hatch and one has a crossed beak. In looking it up I came across quite a few references to this being from breeding related birds so it is possible by the sound of it to have problems with inbreeding.

When we were kids our guinea pigs were impossible to get out quick enough they didn't get mum pregnant and we ended up with some pretty bad in bred babies some who died some couldn't walk properly and one just had a real big head. So its in mammals too.
well i defintly no its in mammels cross beak can happin when a chick hatches rong or is jus deformed it mightnt neccessarly be inbred but since you kept them there might be a chance

sorry late reply
in breeding does affect birds don't know bout chickens but my doves in breeder and soon we started having albino baby doves then some with no legs! so that was a bad experience for me back in 2011.

Back
Top Bottom