Chick speaking inside egg, how long to hatch ?

Hi All, Looking for a little advice. We are on day 22 and one of my three eggs has hatched out within a couple of hours.

The other two eggs are chirping and have been for 24 hours, but have been chirping less and less. They have not piped externally. Should I be concerned at this point?

One of the eggs looked like it was cracking on the skinny end of the egg.

I did read the article about the dangers of assisting the eggs and do not want to act prematurely. But I do not want the other chicks to be stuck in the shells and die from lack of oxygen, especially if one is not positioned correctly, as it seems to be. Should I wait this out or try to help?

Also, the chick that has hatched is fluffing out in the incubator. It keeps chirping and knocking around the other two eggs. Does this movement bother the unhatched eggs?

Thank you!

Hi All, Looking for a little advice. We are on day 22 and one of my three eggs has hatched out within a couple of hours.

The other two eggs are chirping and have been for 24 hours, but have been chirping less and less. They have not piped externally. Should I be concerned at this point?

One of the eggs looked like it was cracking on the skinny end of the egg.

I did read the article about the dangers of assisting the eggs and do not want to act prematurely. But I do not want the other chicks to be stuck in the shells and die from lack of oxygen, especially if one is not positioned correctly, as it seems to be. Should I wait this out or try to help?

Also, the chick that has hatched is fluffing out in the incubator. It keeps chirping and knocking around the other two eggs. Does this movement bother the unhatched eggs?

Thank you!

Hi, what ever happened? sorry no one answered sooner

Is it normal for a pipped egg to take over 24 hours to make any progress? And what it the chick is alive in there but the egg smells really bad and the mama hen has pushed it aside...what is going on? Any ideas from the folks following this thread.
Sorry if I appear to have hijacked the thread but I could not find any threads on this subject closer to my issue. I am going to start a new thread also.

Is it normal for a pipped egg to take over 24 hours to make any progress? And what it the chick is alive in there but the egg smells really bad and the mama hen has pushed it aside...what is going on? Any ideas from the folks following this thread.
Sorry if I appear to have hijacked the thread but I could not find any threads on this subject closer to my issue. I am going to start a new thread also.
are you sure it's the egg and not something on the egg? how do you know the chick is alive?

ha ha, I hear you on the 5 kids so who knows where anything could be. Same for me. I am searching this thread because my buffy is hatching her first chickies, and these are my first chicken grandchildren.

thanks, it has been about 8 hours it has been cheeping, but hasn't yet been able to pip a hole in the egg, is it normal ? This is my first time so I dont know much about what is going on :)
Hi. Mine has been peeping for two days now. She has 13 eggs under her. I hear the noise and I check under her but no chick. I do want to see my chicks.

Back
Top Bottom