Chick stolen in the night..

Myah1011

Songster
Jun 26, 2023
Last night when we were all asleep one of my chicks (my only hen) got taken away, we lock them up every night and they have FOUR fences around them.. but it climbed and dug through all of them, whatever it was took my silkie named Cricket, hopefully we catch whatever took her on our game cameras tonight. My guess is a skunk but guess we just have to wait and see.. this is my first predator attack this year but my 4th chick dead, hopefully we get some better luck soon and catch whatever took her. I’ll probably be updating this tomorrow.

Turns out I was right, after checking for eggs a skunk came waltzing into the chick pin for another easy meal, it makes me upset that it has the gall to come back for more after it ate some eggs and my chick the previous night, and I want to shoot it to get justice for cricket but I know just another skunk would probably replace it, it’s probably been coming for awhile since I have been noticing a few egg’s missing, I had assumed that it was just my chickens because they are known to eat my eggs time to time, and since I look around late at night and never see anything, I didn’t assume we had a skunk issue. But know i know we do, and it’s frustrating.. fatso can get under four fences and still stay undetected from me and my dogs, not a happy update but at least we got our predator..

Back
Top Bottom