1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

chick that goes click click

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Lynxmomma, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Lynxmomma

Lynxmomma In the Brooder

Jul 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    one of my little chicks you put her up to your ear and you can hear this click click???? Is there something wrong or is that normal. has me worried

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Does it sound like a respiratory issue? Or a weird chirp?

3. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    I have had more than just a few chicks with that and they all turned out to be ok. I questioned it too and was told it was normal.

4. Moxiechick

Moxiechick Songster

Jan 15, 2010
    Maine
    I was alarmed when I first heard my chicks "crackle". I think it is the grit in their crops. They've been doing that for three weeks now, and have been growing like little weeds, so it seems to be normal. Could this be what you are hearing?

5. Lynxmomma

Lynxmomma In the Brooder

Jul 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    probably she is drinking though and eating a little bit,. she doesnt sound wheezy just click click and its the funniest and the weirdest thing in the world cause youre freakin out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    yeah she runs around, it might be the food in her crop too. she had pasty butt but I took care of that and cleaned it so.. Thanks everyone sure do apperciate it alot. shes one of two Barred Rocks that I have so I dont wanna lose her,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by