Chick that wont dry out... help!

chezfarmhouse

Hatching
7 Years
Mar 7, 2012
Well, after a relatively successful hatch, I have a straggler! This little guy had to helped out of his shell. So thankful for the advice on that in these forums! I now have a few eggs left to hatch, and this little guy is up and moving around normally, but still as wet as he was last night! Temp is consistent at about 101 in the incubator. Help. Should I help him dry as well? Obviously this is my first hatch. These forums have provided invaluable advice

Well, after a relatively successful hatch, I have a straggler! This little guy had to helped out of his shell. So thankful for the advice on that in these forums! I now have a few eggs left to hatch, and this little guy is up and moving around normally, but still as wet as he was last night! Temp is consistent at about 101 in the incubator. Help. Should I help him dry as well? Obviously this is my first hatch. These forums have provided invaluable advice
Has it been 24 hours, if he still has the wet look and you had to help him out, it sounds like he was sticky caused by the humidity to high at some point.

If it has not been 24 hours do nothing, if it has been 24 hours you can rinse him off with warm water. take a rag and rub him with it, I would not advice you to bath him, he could very easily get sick..

Otherwise you can just leave him alone. Once he gets good footing, he will do a lot of scratching, cleaning, biting his fur, plus the others will help and adventurally get himself fluffed up.

Thank you! Not at the 24 hour mark yet, will wait til then. He looks hilarious running around in there... Little wet hen! Just glad he's healthy, at least so far!

Back
Top Bottom