Chick very lethargic

Twilliams87

Hatching
Aug 6, 2019
I have 7 chicks I just hatched out of an incubator that are 3 days old. 6 of them are doing great but the last 1 to hatch is only 1/2 the size of the others and doesn't want to eat or drink water. It had some hard poop stuck to its little butt so I soaked that off and it pooped a little while I was running warm water over it but when I gave it some water it acted like it was choking. HELP!!

I have 7 chicks I just hatched out of an incubator that are 3 days old. 6 of them are doing great but the last 1 to hatch is only 1/2 the size of the others and doesn't want to eat or drink water. It had some hard poop stuck to its little butt so I soaked that off and it pooped a little while I was running warm water over it but when I gave it some water it acted like it was choking. HELP!!
How is your chick doing?
Since she's 1/2 the size of the others, she may be underdeveloped and not make it.
Keep her warm and see if you can get a few of drops of Poultry Nutri-Drench into her 2 times a day. You can dip a qtip in the vitamins, then press that against the beak, let a drop roll into the beak, see if she will take that.

Back
Top Bottom