• It needs special care

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Its alright

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tiffyme

Chirping
Jun 6, 2020
I'm not sure if I'm under the correct title, but hey! I'm new to this community my mom bought me 4 healthy chicks one of them seemed a bit smaller than the rest she/he was active in the first few days then it begun to become very sleepy. It always wanted to be held and it barely eats and drinks, and when the other chicks were digging for food and insects she would go between them and just try to sleep. I tried hand feeding her it didnt work she just slept on my hand. She does eat/drink but it's a super little amount comparing to the other chicks. In the morning I take my chicks inside since I live in a very hot country the temperature can go up to 40° degrees c then I put them back outside at the evening when the sun goes down. Is my chick alright? Does it needs special care? Is it sick? Is it cold? Or is it just too young?
(Ps. I dont have a lamp I have a heater)
Please answer my question as soon as possible I dont want my chick to die she's soo sweet. ♡♡

She sounds like a weak or “failure to thrive” chick. I would check to make sure that she is pooping and her vent is not pasted up with dried poo. Dip her beak into water often, and if you have electrolytes or a little sugar to add to the water, that would be good. A little wet chick feed moist with water, and a bit of egg yolk may be good to feed. Unfortunately, some chicks do not survive.

Hey so I tried feeding her water+honey with a syringe she did drink it, but it was a struggle i also tried giving her moist cooked rice she didn't eat it. I sadly noticed that she is losing her energy and she couldn't walk properly and while I was trying to feed her she was just getting more and more tired I also tried to give her egg yolks with a syringe she drank a small amount. Currently I just wrapped her with a towel and let her sleep

Do you have any tips for me, is there any way I could save her? Please give me any information anything would help even though it might not work.

Back
Top Bottom