Chick waters

bbrierly

In the Brooder
Feb 19, 2016
Judsonia, Arkansas
So I bought these chicken waterers off of Amazon , bc I didn't want to mess with my chicks pooping in their water. I was planning on screwing it in on a water bottle / 1 liter bottle . my question to you is how do you go about getting your chicks to drink from them? I seen when you first get your chicks in from the mail that you need to put their beaks in the waterso they know where it's at and so they can drink bc they will be dehydrated... But how do you do it with these ( pictured below) thanks ... I have 25 of these bad boys and plan on using them when they are older also on a 5 gal. Bucket.

I just got my chicks this morning and have been teaching them to use their water bottle too> I got a hamster bottle for mine, but it's the same principle of click it and drink. I took each of them one at a time and gently pushed their beaks into the ball (or nipple in your case) and once they felt the water on their beaks they drank it and tapped it themselves. One of the chicks got the idea just by watching me flick it with my finger and some got curious watching the others drink and tried it themselves. All in all, I've only had them a few hours now, and five of six are pros. The last one will get it soon I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom