Chick wing troubles-can you help?

Hooterville

Songster
11 Years
Jun 20, 2008
Parkersburg, West Virginia
I'm not sure if I should post this here or in the emergency section! I'm hoping chick experts can help.
wink.png

My chicks hatched on Friday, so they are 5 days old now. This morning I noticed 1 peeping very loudly and sort of holding her wings out to the sides. She also doesn't want to stand fully on her feet.

She's not spraddle leg, just looks uncomfortable. I did see her eating and drinking. I just don't know what to make of this.

If she's still like this tonight, I'll try to post a pic.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have!
Becky

Could she be too hot...pasty butt...injured wing on something? Just some initial thoughts of things I would check. I hope everything is ok.

Jody

No pasty butt--first thing I checked! Temp was about 92 and they have room to move around.

I'm wondering if she just got stepped on and is sore??
hu.gif

She was eating this AM so I took that as a good sign.

Boy, I wish I could work at home!

Thanks!

Quote:
I was going to say the same thing. She may just need a little space to be left alone from the other chicks. I do this by taking a piece of cardboard and wedging it, so the injured/sick chick has a little space to heal or recover, but still can get the heat from the lamp. Make sure of course to give her her own food an water. May want to make a mash out of it for her. It probably is nothing, but she could have hurt her wing or something as well. Keep us posted!

Back
Top Bottom