Chick with a chill?

Lazygaze

Songster
Dec 3, 2020
Evening all!
Last night (14hrs ago from now) my chick somehow managed to fall out of the brooder into a cold patch and peeped for help, I was actually asleep in the same room (don’t judge me, they’re 3days old, I’m a worrier😆), so as soon as she started peeping I rescued her and plopped her back in. Today she has been sleepy and spent lots of time under the lamp, she has also bimbled around and eaten and drunk and pooped. I’m not toooo worried but it got me curious, would a chick who’d had a chill, or a fright even, be sleepy the next day? If you google chick with a chill it’s hard to find any info really, so I thought I’d ask the experts here 😌
Love this site and forum ❤️
Ps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    623.5 KB · Views: 17
Did you help her get warm ? that would be the biggest help.
No judgement from here lost peeps myself that way

Did you help her get warm ? that would be the biggest help.
No judgement from here lost peeps myself that way

I didn’t because I am pretty sure she got pushed out and almost immediately peeped, I just put her straight back in the brooder with her siblings, I figured that would be the best way of warming her but maybe I should have done something different 🥺 it was 4am and she kinda panicked me to be honest x

Ya I bet would have me also I make a tent of hardware cloth putting a heating pad over it.. Just make sure it does not do auto off

Back
Top Bottom