chick with a pink skinned side and a dark skin side

Last edited:
This egg was probably a double yoke that merged into one chick. In humans there is usually some portion of the twin absorbed by the one who lives. This can be visible or just some where in the interior of the body. It can cause health problems down the road. Please let us know how this chicken progresses as it grows. I am wondering if both legs will have spurs as an adult.

Chances are that he is a Male/Male Chimera and if that is the case, he will be fertile.

Now that I think about it.. That is a Male/Male Chimera, one half is missing the Fibromelanotic mutation so the skin is light
I was wondering about this last night, so I am so happy it's being covered. Is this something that can be passed through genetics or is this more of a default? What are the chances of him fathering more chimera birds?

If this has been covered earlier in this thread, my apologies.

He is two being in to one... chances are that one testicle is from one side and the other from its twin brother. Chimerism is not something that ca be selected for. It's something that happens by chance
OK. I guess I'm just having some wishful thinking over here 😂 He is just so handsome. I suppose if it was something that could be controlled, it wouldn't be so special 💜

For those of you who are really interested in this situation, please look up (on a reliable site), the term Chimera and how a Chimera is formed, whether human or otherwise.

Last edited:
I posted these photos on a chicken fb page and was contacted by someone who informed me of a study the University of Edinburgh is working on. The gentleman who contacted me had previously worked with them when he had a Chimera pop up in his flock. he provided feather and blood samples and did some other observation research for them on his bird. I have the contact information and will contact the University and let them know about this guy. I would be happy to offer him for science as long as he isn't harmed and can stay here with me and his friends. I will keep everyone posted on what happens after I contact them and will update with new photos again soon.
That sounds so great, as long as the chicken is okay, I would love to know stuff, like does he have 2 different DNA's and crazy scientific stuff like that. I hope they will work with you, so you'r chick has the best life it can have and we all learn somethings. Wow, just wow. :love

Back
Top Bottom