Chick with a swollen toe??

CrazyChxLady213

Hatching
6 Years
May 22, 2013
My chick has a swollen toe. I didn't incubate like normal I ordered from McMurray. I don't know what to do for her! She is really exhausted and breathing really hard. Here is a picture. Thoughts??? She is a Golden Polish. I did cut the nail off but the swelling as stayed the same.

My chick has a swollen toe. I didn't incubate like normal I ordered from McMurray. I don't know what to do for her! She is really exhausted and breathing really hard. Here is a picture. Thoughts??? She is a Golden Polish. I did cut the nail off but the swelling as stayed the same.
the toe is really bad swollen so is the feet there is two ways some would cull it some will treat it the choice is up to you and one must investicate why the chick lost its toe is it during a injury or a infection, if infection your other chicks can get it also, You can treat it with teramycin in the water in some purple antibot spray on the toe for the wound

There is antibiotics in her water, the swelling still hasn't gone down.. Do I cut open her toe to see if there is puss???

Back
Top Bottom