Chick with abnormally saggy/large crop not sure if sour or not

Thank you. And I actually did get a bra on her, she doesn't seem to mind it at all lol. She is a pretty big girl, so it was fairly easy to get on/adjust to hold her crop in the right position. I'm hoping, as her crop has seemed like it was sagy from day one, that maybe of she wears it as she grows it will help her grow muscle to support it better? As the issue as far as I can tell is she was just born with weak muscles in her breast, that don't hold her crop in place properly. This caused her to not empty right, making her overeat, and worsening the issue.
My medistatin just came right now, and I'm going start treating her with it as soon as I figure out the dosage for her.
Thank you for your help.

That sounds too young for a crop bra and pendulous crop. She is a growing chick, at 5 weeks. What do her poops look like? Is she eating normally? Some chicks with coccidiosis can have a slow crop. If her crop is impacted, water and crop massage several times a day can help.

Thank you. And I actually did get a bra on her, she doesn't seem to mind it at all lol. She is a pretty big girl, so it was fairly easy to get on/adjust to hold her crop in the right position. I'm hoping, as her crop has seemed like it was sagy from day one, that maybe of she wears it as she grows it will help her grow muscle to support it better? As the issue as far as I can tell is she was just born with weak muscles in her breast, that don't hold her crop in place properly. This caused her to not empty right, making her overeat, and worsening the issue.
My medistatin just came right now, and I'm going start treating her with it as soon as I figure out the dosage for her.
Thank you for your help.
:thumbsup Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom