Chick with broken leg. HELP

Quote:
please, give him that time as long as he doesn't seem to be in pain. maybe after a day or so you could help him stand and see how his legs look; if he can get them under him at all.
keep us posted.

we had a board fall on one of our silkies; seems to have broken the leg maybe??? I did not splint it; I left her alone, making sure food and water were at reach at all times; she is now walking with a limp and seems to be just fine. I wish you luck!

He seems better this morning. Still can't walk but seems he is At least trying to pushing back on the 'good' side. Yesterday I wasn't sure he had feeling in his legs at all. He does have feeling in his toes on both sides. I took a sterile needle and poked his feet and he did flinch. I was very relieved about that. I'll start chicken physical therapy tomorrow.

Chick is progressing. I think it's more of neurological problem than a broken leg. He is starting to move his legs. He's not standing but is sitting up into a sitting position. Much better than when the accident first happened.
smile.png

27f4c053.jpg

Good to hear, he's doing better, keep us posted. I have a hen right now that seems to have hurt her leg, somehow, probably trying to get away from our rooster. She seems to be getting a little better everyday. At first, she wouldn't even leave the pen, now she's right up at the house, waiting for snacks. It's amazing how fast they can recover!

Back
Top Bottom