Chick with deformed leg *updated*

That is a great idea. He does stand up just fine with me holding his chest up. I think I will keep him in the box with the other chicks though. They seem to watch over him and are not mean at all. When I take him out the others call for him
love.gif

I dont have his legs in the band aid all day. One leg seems to be getting better but the other he still has alot of problems with you can see in the first pic that he doesnt put all his weight on it. Maybe he will get better. If he survives, I dont want to have him in my breeding pen because he does have an extra toe. Which I guess just happens because he is from a good breeder. Do you think I could get another chicken for him?

His left your right.
52562_chick2_007.jpg

He seems to walk alot better with it on but still falls over.
52562_chick2_006.jpg

The chick could have some twisting of the leg from the hip or the knee. I have one that just hatched like that right now and I have it in hobbles and will see how it does. Sometimes they just get twisted wrong in the shell and the leg is not straight. However, with time, this one might come around.

That one leg is not getting better at all.I think it might be broke. I feel a sharp bone in the bind that is not in the other leg. What should I do?

i've got one that's not getting better either, i'm gonna bump this up in hopes of getting an answer! i'm going to try several of the things suggested and see if that helps at all.

Mine is not getting better. That one leg is just straight out. He is learning to walk like that but I feel sorry for him.

Back
Top Bottom