Chick with dry sneezes?

RosemaryDuck

Crowing
Dec 15, 2020
Florida
So, being a bit paranoid about my birds as usual, but wanted to ask you all. I had my EEs out of the brooder while I was cleaning it out, and I heard a couple sneezes. I looked over and scramble was sneezing.

No discharge, nothing coming out, nothing in his eyes. He did a few quick sneezes for about 20 seconds, then stopped and continued running around with his sister. I haven't heard a single sneeze since.
Should I be worried or was it just dry air or something else?

Chickens sneeze just like we do when we get an irritant up our noses. Sometimes it's just one or two sneezes, and sometimes it's a regular sneezing fit.

Dust from bedding and dust from feed are two of the most common sources of sneezing in chickens. It's no more something to worry about than when we sneeze while shaking a rug or visiting a dusty attic.

As long as it isn't an ongoing thing, it was just a cute little chicken sneeze.

Chickens sneeze just like we do when we get an irritant up our noses. Sometimes it's just one or two sneezes, and sometimes it's a regular sneezing fit.

Dust from bedding and dust from feed are two of the most common sources of sneezing in chickens. It's no more something to worry about than when we sneeze while shaking a rug or visiting a dusty attic.

As long as it isn't an ongoing thing, it was just a cute little chicken sneeze.
Thanks 😁👍.

Back
Top Bottom