1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chick with limp :(

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ChickenGuy, Jun 29, 2007.

1. ChickenGuy

ChickenGuy Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2007
    Midland, Michigan
    Hi All, I'm back again with another question. My chicks and I have had some interesting times in the past 3 weeks, but its been a blast.

Sadly though my turken pullet has developed a bit of a limp in her left leg. She hops on only her right leg and doesn't hardly use her left at all. When I pick her up, she doesn't move it or act like she is in pain, when I touch and move her leg and toes. She is three weeks old and only developed the problem a day or two ago. She has always been on wood chips and I would think that at 3 weeks she shouldn't have to worry about spraddle leg.

Thanks for all the help friends, I look forward to hearing what you might have to say. Please help me find out what this is and what I should do to help.

Tyler

2. chickaboo7

chickaboo7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Manahawkin NJ
    Is it swollen? Is it overly warm? If so it could be a sprain. My chick has a broken leg and is splinted, she is hoping around now. I would massage it and flex it and try not to let her jump off things. spoil spoil spoil her. Does she drag it?

Good thoughts to you and your baby

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by