Chick With Major Scars

jaredrah777

Chirping
Jul 26, 2023
Hi guys so i recently lost one of my three chickens last night. He seemed to have very strange abdomen area asked on here and couldn't get a full complete answer and literally the next morning i go to check in and he passed away :(.

I then went to further examine my other two chickens and my oldest looked 100% fine and super healthy but i noticed the other one had very very strange scarring along its wings and abdomen i also am not sure if the non hair in that area is an issue, But anyways the scars dont look a day old they look several days old but i have not noticed them at all anytime this week until today! ill add pictures below hope someone can help me out id really really appreciate it!

Also!! i havent noticed any aggression between any of the chicks they dont fight or peck each other they sleep cuddling all together it is quite cute. But yeah i dont think aggression is the cause

Attachments

• IMG_2125.jpeg
    IMG_2125.jpeg
    305.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2127.jpeg
    IMG_2127.jpeg
    202 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2128.jpeg
    IMG_2128.jpeg
    266.2 KB · Views: 12
Are the chicks the same age or is one older? It may be peck wounds. I would apply some antibiotic ointment or Betadine on the wounds. Watch for bullying. Do you have any idea why the other chicken died?

Are the chicks the same age or is one older? It may be peck wounds. I would apply some antibiotic ointment or Betadine on the wounds. Watch for bullying. Do you have any idea why the other chicken died?
yes they all are within a week of the same age! I really dont think it’s bullying quite frankly they sleep together eat together it seems like they have a bond or something. The week older chick lays and the younger will come up and lay its head ontop of the older when they take day naps! its so cute🥹

AND NO!! i literally have no clue! he did have some strange hairless bottom which i posted about on here but it didnt seem like anything else was wrong with him he ate drank water and everything. I checked on them in the morning and he way just laying there dead. I checked his body for injuries and didnt find any at all.

Back
Top Bottom