Chick with Neurologic Issues?

ydolem

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 13, 2011
I have a chick that I hatched myself with mixed/unknown parentage who is doing something really weird, but is totally normal otherwise. Her name is Trillion, and she hatched out Friday evening and was fine that night, but started doing weird stuff the next day.

She puts her head all the way back so that it's on her back, and then wags her head back and forth. Sometimes, she lays down and puts her head back like that and falls asleep. When she's standing, she'll put it back, and then keep going until she falls over backwards, but then quickly gets back up.

She's drinking, eating, pecking at the other chicks, responds to stimuli, looks really bright and is fluffy, peeps happily, but keeps doing that weird thing with her head. Any ideas? I also have a couple of chicks that have a problem with one of their legs, but I'm just going to wait that out. I only mention it in case there's a significance, but none of the other chicks are doing that with their head like that.

I've got some sugar and duramycin in their water because that's what the TSC guy recommended. I've got a heat lamp on them, and they've always got Dumor chick crumbles in there to eat.

Anyone ever have an issue like this? Any suggestions on what I can do? My plan is just to wait it out since she seems really healthy otherwise.

you might want to look up star gazing, I don't know alot about it but have heard of posters treating their birds for it. heres one link

www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=174272

sorry forgot my manners
welcome-byc.gif
and hope you can find some help in the archives..

Last edited:
Thanks. I hope it clears up. She's really light, almost white, with a few random black spots, and I would LOVE for her to grow up if only to see how she turns out.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom