Chick With No EYES!!!!!!!!!!

hcampo01

Chirping
10 Years
Jul 8, 2013
So, today i hatched eight healthy chicks, but one of them was different. The little chick didnt have eyes. Its just doing as fine as the other chicks...it just follows the sound of its siblings and its mother. i was just wondering if this is rare and if it has a chance of making it well into adulthood. i have never had this happen and im just....stumped on how it might of happened.

I will post a pic as soon as i can...

Chicks born with out eyes is usually because of high temperatures and improper egg handling during the incubation period. I don't really know what you can do to help this chick, it might be best to let nature take its course. :(. I hope things go well, good luck!

so far things look good the hen shows it around and it eats and drinks, but i dont know what will happen in the future...nature is just puzzling sometimes
hu.gif

to hcampo01: you posted "...I don't know what will happen in the future..." no one does of course, but if my experience is any indication, your blind chick will become your favorite chicken and pet. i had one once (the only blind one i've ever had) that would hear the back door to the house open and come running toward the sound. i would pick her up, and believe it or not, she would ride on my shoulder, and balance herself very skillfully, as long as i didn't move quickly or jerkily. if you do this, remember to put a towel on your shoulder to have under the bird. the important thing is to keep the water container and feed trough in the same place all of the time, so she can find them, and sometimes you may have to put her in the hen house when it gets dark. also, when she's a little older, whenever you have a few minutes to spare, give her a worm or two. just dangle it in front of her so it hits her beak once or twice. good luck.

Back
Top Bottom