Chick with tiny wings, just growing slowly?

MsGloria

In the Brooder
May 10, 2022
My Easter Eggers are almost 2 weeks old. One seems much smaller than everybody else, specifically their wings are much smaller. They seem to be eating a ton, is this just slow feathering? Do I not have to worry about size differences until they are a few weeks older?

75501934-D4B6-45E9-B76C-6E7BE5EC8DE4.jpeg

All three chicks look healthy and happy to me. One of my favorite chickens, Sandstorm, was half the size of her friends from the very beginning and she's still a little hen. But she is doing great! I think everything is ok, even though the chick is developing feathers at a slower pace. Maybe post another picture in a few weeks and then decide whether or not you should worry about it :)

All three chicks look healthy and happy to me. One of my favorite chickens, Sandstorm, was half the size of her friends from the very beginning and she's still a little hen. But she is doing great! I think everything is ok, even though the chick is developing feathers at a slower pace. Maybe post another picture in a few weeks and then decide whether or not you should worry about it :)
Thanks! I’ll keep an eye on them. They are eating, drinking, and running around well with the other chicks, so hopefully just a late bloomer. I’ll post back on this thread in a few weeks.

One of my EE “pullets” stayed smaller than the rest for a long time. While the others were gaining size and feathers, it basically stayed looking like a day old puffball running around. Also ate a lot like yours. Grew very slowly compared to the others, but got there eventually.

FACA7D62-DB8A-415B-A063-3E12AF43488D.jpeg

One of my EE “pullets” stayed smaller than the rest for a long time. While the others were gaining size and feathers, it basically stayed looking like a day old puffball running around. Also ate a lot like yours. Grew very slowly compared to the others, but got there eventually.

View attachment 3117173
Haha, good to know. Yours grew up handsomely! My chicks are unsexed because they are bantams, so I figure I have at least one rooster out of the four, maybe two. Just hoping not 4/4. 🤞🤞🤞🤞

Back
Top Bottom