Chick with Wry Neck Treated.

Quote:
When I turned my coops into a jail and a saloon!

34566_thennow-23.jpg

I just went shopping today for some wild west accoutrements at the antique mall this morning after shipping out chicks. I got a very well worn wagon wheel, gold pan, some horse shoes, a cowboy hat, and a couple of tin signs. I also got an old railroad lantern wired for electric to hang in front of the saloon. The lamp is red! I feel in love with a small covered wagon but it was too expensive. May have to save up for that. I am building a small outhouse to store my broom, shovel, rake and other coop cleaning tools. It will go between the saloon and the broody coop. Eventually as I drag home pressure treated boards from Home depot I hope to have the wooden sidewalk go all the way across. But, my next project is a hitching post for use as an outdoor roost. I stole the one they were using for the new Jail coop! Since we are in gold country it seemed fitting to have wild west chickens.

I'm gonna get you a cowboy cutout to lean against that there saloon. Or maybe a chicken in a hat. I haven't decided.

oooo, I sure hope this works
I just gave it to a new baby.
lots of stargazing when at rest but can walk with neck out normal too
I'll give it again in 3 hours
keep your fingers crossed
and what a GREAT video
thanks for sharing this
you know how you are so tied up in knots when one of them is struggling
it really helps to have info and feel like you can do something to help

and if it didn't work, it won't be because you didn't try
thanks

Good luck to you. It worked on my chick much faster than anticipated and it was a bad case. Please post back with your outcome.
fl.gif

Mary

Good news! She is no longer stargazing, is pooping and starting to hang out with the other chicks a bit more. I'm really happy and grateful for the encouragement.
I think the mix of things you used helped her to stay hydrated while the medicine worked
She turned around on the second day when I started giving her drips of the Poly-Vi-Sol straight.
I gave her a few drips of egg yolk too since I hadn't seen her eat.
She started looking normal yesterday and this morning is looking good.
She's a little smaller than the others now, since they have been thriving and she's been recovering.
I'm hoping she catches up fast.
thanks!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom