Chick with Wry Neck Treated.

Good news Mediazeal! I am so happy for your baby!

Sorry I am moving my blog to Wordpress so for the most part it is down. I will post the video here if I can.

Last edited:
Hi, I have 2 just-hatched chicks with their necks sideways/straight back. I tried to view your video but got "page not found". I need help!!
Thanks!!!

I have a young chicken that was hatched with what I thought was wry neck, but it looked nothing like your video. It actually pipped out of the middle of the egg and therefore had it's head and neck pinned back. It's head is turned and pointing out to the side and lately has started to lose balance. It is 5 weeks old now, growing and feathering out. It doesn't seem to be suffering and seems able to preen itself.

I have been giving it drops of polyvisol w/o iron almost everyday but it doesn't seem to help. I am wondering if this will get better at all and if it is in fact not wry neck but a developmental issue?

Hi, I have 2 just-hatched chicks with their necks sideways/straight back. I tried to view your video but got "page not found". I need help!!
Thanks!!!
The video works for me.
idunno.gif

Last edited:
I have a young chicken that was hatched with what I thought was wry neck, but it looked nothing like your video. It actually pipped out of the middle of the egg and therefore had it's head and neck pinned back. It's head is turned and pointing out to the side and lately has started to lose balance. It is 5 weeks old now, growing and feathering out. It doesn't seem to be suffering and seems able to preen itself.

I have been giving it drops of polyvisol w/o iron almost everyday but it doesn't seem to help. I am wondering if this will get better at all and if it is in fact not wry neck but a developmental issue?

http://www.ca.uky.edu/smallflocks/Nutrient_deficiencies.html
I don't know the cause of your chicken's problem, but you might look here under thiamine deficiency and check your vits to see if they have thiamine?????

I'm sorry!!!! I was able to view it after I posted my message to you. I wasn't sure of the dosage of the suggested supplements at the end of your video so I started them on polyvisol 2 drops/twice a day. Do you think that is the correct dosage?? I have been giving them water via a dropper but they are 3 days old now and not eating... I tried putting a little cooked egg yoke in their mouths this morning for protein. Any suggestions? They are about the same. Always worse in the morning but I assume they may be getting a little dehydrated during the night???

I'm sorry!!!! I was able to view it after I posted my message to you. I wasn't sure of the dosage of the suggested supplements at the end of your video so I started them on polyvisol 2 drops/twice a day. Do you think that is the correct dosage?? I have been giving them water via a dropper but they are 3 days old now and not eating... I tried putting a little cooked egg yoke in their mouths this morning for protein. Any suggestions? They are about the same. Always worse in the morning but I assume they may be getting a little dehydrated during the night???

You might try sending The Sheriff a private message because it was her video...not mine. Unfortunately I don't know the answer to your questions. It is possible that she hasn't seen your post.

If they are three days old and still not eating I have to say that is very very bad. I am sooooo sorry I don't know what to tell you.

You might start a new thread under emergencies and see if someone will help you!!!!!!!!

Hi, I am not the OP, but I was thinking you might get more responses by starting a new thread under Emergencies. I am sorry that I don't know the answer to your questions!

I tried beaten egg yolk in a little water cause it was easier to feed with the egg dropper
I also switched over to just the polyvisol and that is when my little one got better

for some chicks it is not a vitamin deficiency but rather a neuro problem
I saw improvement after about 3 days

good luck

Back
Top Bottom