Chick won't extend neck

JessSmess

Hatching
Apr 4, 2017
Hello everyone! New chicken mom here and I have a 4 week old girl who is not extending her neck. I did the oil and water and massaged her crop which emptied - it did feel like there was a piece of pine shaving in there all feels clear. She ate and drank last night but so far her crop is still empty this am. She stretches her wings but otherwise hugs the outside of the bin and rests. I have not seen her poop either but I don't have eyes on her 24/7. Help!

I pulled her out and into her own bin - she did poop twice and ate some scrambled egg readily. Despite her not extending her neck and having some balance trouble she keeps trying to fly out of the bin -land not landing well on the way down. I wonder if she did that in her other bin and maybe hurt her neck?

I pulled her out and into her own bin - she did poop twice and ate some scrambled egg readily. Despite her not extending her neck and having some balance trouble she keeps trying to fly out of the bin -land not landing well on the way down. I wonder if she did that in her other bin and maybe hurt her neck?
Also, scrambled eggs? Do you have chick feed?

Hello everyone! New chicken mom here and I have a 4 week old girl who is not extending her neck. I did the oil and water and massaged her crop which emptied - it did feel like there was a piece of pine shaving in there all feels clear. She ate and drank last night but so far her crop is still empty this am. She stretches her wings but otherwise hugs the outside of the bin and rests. I have not seen her poop either but I don't have eyes on her 24/7. Help!
And do you know that she has a longer neck than that?

Hi there, just wondering if you ever figured out why your chick wouldn’t extend their neck? I have a similar issue with a chick, she’s 2 months old. She has always eaten well, runs around and plays like all the others, but just won’t extend her neck…I’m wondering what’s wrong?

Back
Top Bottom