Chicken acting very off

update: her ears look to be okay. it is actually her earlobe that has the mass. it’s become very wrinkled and elongated compared to her other earlobe. i can hear a whistling noise when she breathes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    775.4 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    747 KB · Views: 3
update: her ears look to be okay. it is actually her earlobe that has the mass. it’s become very wrinkled and elongated compared to her other earlobe. i can hear a whistling noise when she breathes.
I recommend taking her to a vet and getting a check for cancer, and possibly surgery, if it is not cancerous. This seems like the abnormal lump is probably also under the skin, and impacting her breathing. Not a vet, bit that's my theory. Seeing a vet is always if you can when things aren't improving. I hope she's ok.

she passed today. not sure what happened but it was very quick. a quick flap of the wings and then gone

she passed today. not sure what happened but it was very quick. a quick flap of the wings and then gone
I’m sorry for your loss. I’m not sure the cyst on her earlobe, or the rash on her head in back of the comb had anything to do with her death. It could be something related to a reproductive disorder. If you still have the body, you could send it into your state vet for a necropsy. Some people do home necropsies to look for possible reasons for the death. If you do one, take pictures of the organs. I understand if you just want to bury her though.

Back
Top Bottom