!!Chicken adjusting crop repeatedly and has a hard crop!! (PLEASE HELP!)

EasterChickens

Songster
Feb 20, 2021
Hello everyone,

My 3 year and 4 month old leghorn hen has just been experiencing a hard/solid crop and is repeatedly adjusting her crop (even when she is roosting/sleeping). She is still acting perfectly fine, eating/drinking normally and is active. I'm not so sure about how her poop looks like at the moment. I have tried to give her some more water to help but she is still adjusting her crop consistently. She also stands in a upright/straight position while adjusting her crop. I have heard threads about impacted crop and sour crop, but I don't know what to fully/surely diagnose her with. If anyone knows what my leghorn hen could be suffering from, please comment ASAP!

Much appreciated,
Valerie

Hello again Lillith37, she is doing just fine now, with a flat crop and soft/squishy. Maybe I was in a panic yesterday. :)

Oh good to hear. Yes, so long as the crop is empty and flat in the morning your hen should be all good.

One of my hens gets the hiccups sometimes and it can be quite alarming to see because her head and neck and crop all do this weird spasm and she does try to yawn and adjust herself when this happens too.

Back
Top Bottom