chicken adopted our yard

Ok this new mommy can officially say that the chicken that adopted our yard to live in since leaving her previous owner, has finally made her way into the dog kennel in the backyard , of course their is a cement floor their , with the fenced kennel around it, temporarily , I have put the doghouse up of the ground , where she is laying in cozy hay. She seems to be adapting ok, heck my huband was actually able to pick her up & hold her, of course I was at work. So now the question comes, can I just lay a good amount of sand over the cement to make the flooring more comfortable? I have been ready about using sand , but not sure of laying over cement , I think it would be ok. Now to make a cheap feeder & waterer for her. So since I started this post in August for advice on capturing her , all has turned out well, she is safe now, no more worrying , thank you all so much for the help & support

Now that I have finally caught my chicken after 3 months , you said that another chicken might help her calm down , so do I just get a chick or another grown one from some where?

I kelsie I see you are the only one online at the moment so if you could take a look at my new thread & give me some advise I would truly appreciate it Thank you

Back
Top Bottom