Chicken and Duck-less member :(

ChicagoDucks21

Hatching
Dec 30, 2015
Hello All!

Right now, I am duck and chicken-less. But this will change!! I live in the Chicagoland area, so I am planning to get Ducks this spring! I'm thinking Muscovys, Rouen, Cayuga, and/or Mallards.

Bye!!
D.gif

First.
welcome-byc.gif

Just a suggestion. If you are going to have ducks, highly suggest you provide them with swimming opportunity. Main reason I don't have ducks. Would luv to have them though.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock.I'm a chicken person and don't know much about ducks (although I've had a few), but definitely post on our Duck section in Other Backyard Poultry under the Forum at the top of the page and take advantage of our duck experts there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

welcome-byc.gif

I hope you get your ducks! I'm getting 10 of them in April: Khaki Campbell, Blue Indian Runners, Blue Swedish, Cayuga, Pekin, Buff, Welsh Harlequin, and a white hybrid. I couldn't decide between all the lovely breeds so am going for the variety pack, lol.

There have been some great breed focus threads done on ducks you might enjoy. Here's a list of them along with links so you can find them:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1024526/duck-breed-focus-project

I had no idea Chicago, also allowed ducks. I wonder if they are harder to keep on your property than chickens. Good luck with your future flock

Back
Top Bottom