Chicken Antibiotics?

ReeseTheChick

Songster
8 Years
May 10, 2011
Can someone name a few that would definitely be in a TSC store? Trying to make a chicken first aid kit here since we don't have any vets that are willing to take a look at chickens.

I just got some and I was told to inject the chicken once a week by one person and another to inject for 3 days straight? My chickens are have respatory problems, so is once a week enough?

I'm afraid I just know the dose for Infectious Coryza..... Depending on size, I gave my chickens 1 shot a day at the following rate:

Tylosin
Injectible liquid, soluble powder Tylan soluble powder, Tylan 50 injectible, Tylan 200 injectible Vets, animal health stores, vet suppliers, feed stores $17-60 Macrolides Infectious Coryza, Mycoplasma, Necrotic Enteritis, Ornithobacterium Rhinotracheale I purchased Tylan 50 Injection. I used 1/2 cc for the average sized hens, and less for the bantams. The hens with a light case got better in 3 days...but I had one Plymouth Rock that I treated for 10 days. Sorry, I don't know about the dose if you purchased Tylan 200.

Sorry to be so late getting this back to you....I had a repairman scheduled for this morning. I hope your babies are doing well.

I just got some and I was told to inject the chicken once a week by one person and another to inject for 3 days straight? My chickens are have respatory problems, so is once a week enough?

No. Not at all. It has to be administered every day for 3-5 days into rotating sites. Don't use the same site twice because it damages the muscle tissue.

Back
Top Bottom