Chicken aspirated

Do you think sour crop is why she aspirated? Did you get to read about that description in the article?
I did read it. Yes, thank you. 😊
I do think that’s quite possible. But I’m still not 100%. I just don’t want to make her sicker in treating for the wrong thing.

Yeah, if she has that water balloon feeling on her crop, and you gently touch her crop and smell the fermented smell when your nose is by her mouth, that is the only way to tell.

Yeah, if she has that water balloon feeling on her crop, and you gently touch her crop and smell the fermented smell when your nose is by her mouth, that is the only way to tell.
Good morning backyard chicken friends! I wanted to share with you that our Duchess is significantly better this morning! She went a week without eating or drinking on her own. I was feeding her electrolytes and food through a dropper. She was gurgling and sometimes open mouth breathing. I started her on a couple of homeopathy treatments, as well as a sour crop tincture. And she is a completely different bird today. We saw a little improvement starting about two days ago. And now this morning she drank on her own and is up and about. I’m going to keep her in a cage for a couple more days and continue to give her the medicine for a week. Just wanted to share with you all because I was so encouraged. She literally looked like she was not going to survive. At one point I was going to take her to put her down. Thanks so much for all of your support! ❤️😍 I will let you know if things change.

Back
Top Bottom