Chicken aspirated

It isn't possible to post videos direct to BYC (or so I understand). What most people do is upload the video to YouTube (or some other video hosting site) and then post the link here on BYC. It works well most of the time.

I’m trying so hard to send a video and for some reason it will not allow me to attach it. It’s frustrating.
Ok, finally. I had to send it from my phone to my computer in order to get it to send. Are you able to see it?
It isn't possible to post videos direct to BYC (or so I understand). What most people do is upload the video to YouTube (or some other video hosting site) and then post the link here on BYC. It works well most of the time.
Thank you so much! I didn't realize that. My kids took this video of her this morning. She's in our garage, apart from the flock. Here she is....

Hey @nuthatched and @casportpony , can you link the sound that this hen is making in the video above to anything?

The owner was afraid that she aspirated and that she may have some sour crop issues going on, but I that wasn't 100% confirmed. Would they make that sound if they aspirated?

Hey @nuthatched and @casportpony , can you link the sound that this hen is making in the video above to anything?

The owner was afraid that she aspirated and that she may have some sour crop issues going on, but I that wasn't 100% confirmed. Would they make that sound if they aspirated?
Thank you for continuing to try to help! 😊 She’s continuing to make the gurgling sound. We are feeding her critical care by ox bow to sustain her bc she’s not eating on her own. She will walk around slowly when we let her out of the cage, and even hold her tail up. But when we put her back in the cage, she will lay down, tail feathers down. Any recommendations? I dont want to treat her until I know what’s best.

If she aspirated, she'll likely clear up on her own but keep some amoxacillian handy just in case.
They will clear up on their own when they aspirate? Doesn’t aspiration from vomit typically cause pneumonia/infection?

Does the rattling sound like aspiration? Or something else?

Do you have any amoxicillin on hand? There is this type for fish that also works well for chickens.

https://www.tractorsupplyrx.com/aqua-mox-amoxicillin-52208.html
https://www.chewy.com/midland-vet-services-aqua-mox/dp/344723
I don’t have any on hand.
She’s still making that sound but now getting up and moving more. We opened the cage door and she’ll walk out and walk around. She even pecked at the ground when we let her out with the flock for a bit yesterday. But she is not eating on her own. I am continuing to feed her the acute care food, and also giving her electrolytes. She’s perked up some but def not normal.

I’ve been giving her a couple of homeopathy treatments for the last 3 days bc I don’t know what else to do 🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom