Chicken at my School!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would talk to your principal because at the end of the day they will have the final say on yes or no. You are also going to have to tie it into a subject area and/or get a staff member on board(do they do agriculture?) because as much as you will care for them now they are going to have to spend money to set it up and depending on what year you are in, at some point you are going to graduate and they need to know what happens and who cares for them then. If a staff member is on board that solves that issue a little bit.

So I would think up all the problems like that (cost, long term after you plan, care during holidays when boarders go home) and write them and the solutions down. Get your staff member on board and then go make an appointment to see the principal.

Oh and our primary school tied it into teaching kids about sustainable living so that might be another avenue to look at. Most schools tend to have that one teacher who is all for being environmentally friendly and saving the planet. See if you have and if they will get on board under the sustainable living umbrella (research that before talking to them so they don't think all you are interested in is the chooks ;-)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom