Chicken ate one lead airgun pellet

I don't think airgun pellets are made of lead anymore for this reason but I couldn't say for sure.
I doubt they are made with lead either these days. But even if they were, think about this. Stuff moves thru a chicken pretty dang fast, they have a very short digestive tract compared to people. Even if it was real lead I doubt it would stay in the chicken long enough to hurt the chicken and since the lead and the eggs take 2 different tracts thru the bird (until they get to the poop hole), and unless you plan on eating the shells (if the pellet passing was timed just perfect to leave the bird when laying it might touch the outside of shell ), I would just eat the eggs and quit over thinking everything.

I doubt they are made with lead either these days. But even if they were, think about this. Stuff moves thru a chicken pretty dang fast, they have a very short digestive tract compared to people. Even if it was real lead I doubt it would stay in the chicken long enough to hurt the chicken and since the lead and the eggs take 2 different tracts thru the bird (until they get to the poop hole), and unless you plan on eating the shells (if the pellet passing was timed just perfect to leave the bird when laying it might touch the outside of shell ), I would just eat the eggs and quit over thinking everything.
I was thinking that too.

Back
Top Bottom