chicken attached

jmantoo1

Songster
12 Years
Apr 11, 2007
i have a hen that my 3 hens beat up and made here feathers bloody under her wind also a blood blister under her wing about 3 inches long 2 inches with and a 1/2 inch tall please help me on this matter

if she has any open wounds use Neosporin and most Definetly keep her somewhere alone by her self until she heals

I agree, take her out and get her into another box, warm...with a light. Get the neosporin, and cover her wounds. Is she eating and drinking ok? Walking?? You might want to get some vitamins for her water. She will need the boost!

JMantoo1,
Cutler's Pheasant and Poultry Supply ( Cutlersupply.com) offers some different products which might be helpful.
1) Priority Care-Blood Stop Powder- this is for the bleeding of minor cuts and wounds from other chickens
2)Dr. Naylor-Blu-kote-an antiseptic and protective wound dressing. It is a germicdal and fungicidal medicine dressing to place on the wounds for healing aid effective against both bacterial and fungus infections most common in skin lesions of domestic animals. It also kills ringworm and fungus infections. It also dries up blisters and pox-like scabby sores or lesions. It is a quick drying long acting deep penetrating spray.

I'll keep an eye out for more things for you. Good luck!
Julie:0)

Back
Top Bottom