Chicken Attacked by hawk

sammyrookerson

In the Brooder
Nov 25, 2020
image.jpg

Poor birdie:( Yesterday she was attacked by a hawk luckily I was there to throw a piece of rooftop at it and the hawk flew away. Her neck is constantly facing that way and her feet are looking a little pinkish. Is there anything I can do? She is a sweet bird and still has life in her.

I believe she might have wry neck.

Rinse off the wounds with warm water, and if you so please, apply non-pain relieving neosporin. Not necessary to do so, as from the picture it looks minor. Don't worry too much. Flesh wounds heal quickly and well.

I believe she might have wry neck.

Rinse off the wounds with warm water, and if you so please, apply non-pain relieving neosporin. Not necessary to do so, as from the picture it looks minor. Don't worry too much. Flesh wounds heal quickly and well.
how do I help with wry neck? Is there a way to straighten it with a brace of some sort?

Wry neck or torticolis, is a neurological symptom. It can be seen after a brain or neck injury, in a vitamin deficiency, and certain diseases, such as Mareks, Newcastles or others. I would treat her with vitamin E 400 IU and a bit of thiamine (vitamin B1) which is in sper B complex vitamins. B vitamins are also in liver and E can be found in sunflower kernels. Feeding and watering are very important, and she may need help. Here is a video of how to do that:

Wry neck or torticolis, is a neurological symptom. It can be seen after a brain or neck injury, in a vitamin deficiency, and certain diseases, such as Mareks, Newcastles or others. I would treat her with vitamin E 400 IU and a bit of thiamine (vitamin B1) which is in sper B complex vitamins. B vitamins are also in liver and E can be found in sunflower kernels. Feeding and watering are very important, and she may need help. Here is a video of how to do that:
If it is from a injury physically will those vitamins still help?

The vitamins may help. Poultry NutriDrench or Poultry Cell also contain those, and dosage is 1 ml per every 3 pounds. It may take a few days or weeks to see if there is improvement. A vet might be good to prescribe Meloxicam. You may also give aspirin 1/2 tablet of the low dose twice a day for inflammation.,

Back
Top Bottom