chicken attacked skin hanging off

eggomom

Hatching
Jun 7, 2015
I have a mean hen who has attacked smaller hen twice now. This time there is skin torn and hanging off her head. I can't take to vet, should I cut it off or just leave it there? This is one tough little hen.

Is it coming off of her comb? Is it bleeding? Keep her separated from the rest of the flock and try putting neosporin on the cut. Chickens heal fast and al you need to do is keep her comfortable and eating. Give her plenty of fresh water and food. She should be fine.
Keep me posted

She is separated, in the house eating well and seems in good spirits actually. It was an open wound when i found her. The skin is from her head below/behind her eye and top of her head. Not bleeding anymore although it was when I found her. Its just kind of hanging there. I'm afraid if I don't remove it the chickens will go after it when I reintroduce her but I also don't want to cause her any more pain.

Personally if the wound is on her face i would just put a dab of neosporin on it and leave it. Chickens heal very fast and she should be fine.
Keep me posted
grace

Back
Top Bottom