Chicken Bans?

bcorps

Songster
Jul 13, 2020
SW Indiana
Not really wanting to get into politics here.

But someone said to me in passing the other day that there are places in England right now that are banning backyard chickens (like confiscating, even) for some reason. Can anyone on the East side of the pond confirm or deny?

There is an outbreak of bird flu right now in England, as I have read on BYC.

when there are outbreaks of bird flu, some flocks- including commercial large flicks, are euthanized.

it’s my understanding that there was a deadline to enclose a backyard flock in such a way as to prevent exposure to wild birds. So, bird netting, roofs, structures.

They may be euthanizing in a hot zone, or flicks that have not complied by deadline. I’m in Ohio, so only know what I’ve read from others.

I l
Not really wanting to get into politics here.

But someone said to me in passing the other day that there are places in England right now that are banning backyard chickens (like confiscating, even) for some reason. Can anyone on the East side of the pond confirm or deny?
I live in the UK with 4 hens. This is a load of rubbish :) We have an avian flu outbreak, some large suppliers are culling flocks that are infected. All flocks must be kept 'indoors'.

Back
Top Bottom