Chicken bathing?!

x3Silksx3

Hatching
Jun 25, 2016
Hello everyone, I have a white silkie in my coop, and she is incredibly dirty, I don't know if I should wash her, Idk if it depends on the age of the silkie, I don't really no how either, I've watched videos on how to do it, but all of them are different, I have a sink but it's big and not separate in two, I could go to my friends house who is a chicken person, she knows, but I'm also think if I should wash my 3 month old silkie chicks, there always so messy, idk how to do it with an adult and chick, help me? :jumpy

I got a red chicken given to me one time and she stunk like urine/ dirty pen so I put her in the tub and with warm water and dawn dish soap regular I washed her up and surprisingly she loves it and just stood there just make sure to realy rinse her to get all the soap off she came out smelling 1000 times better wrap her in a towel to dry a bit then you can place her in a clean kennel to dry further
1f642.png
And it never hurt her

There is a thread called "Grooming and Bathing your silkie," or some similar title. Put that in the search box and it should come up. The lady actually is giving instructions for show chickens - so you don't need to follow the 2 or 3 products she uses. Actually once birds see nothing bad is going to happen, they usually like the warm water - some even fall sleep. You can use a hair dryer on low heat to hasten drying - some really enjoy that pampering also.

What do you use in the coop , etc. on the floor? Some folks use pine shavings, etc. Generally silkies can look quite dirty but after they run around and shake off - most of the dirt falls off.

The co-op when we clean the nests and floor, we sprinkle down 1st with a shaker of dried oregano. Then cover with hay straw! Co-op smells great and some herbs diminish mites and flies!

Hello everyone, I have a white silkie in my coop, and she is incredibly dirty, I don't know if I should wash her, Idk if it depends on the age of the silkie, I don't really no how either, I've watched videos on how to do it, but all of them are different, I have a sink but it's big and not separate in two, I could go to my friends house who is a chicken person, she knows, but I'm also think if I should wash my 3 month old silkie chicks, there always so messy, idk how to do it with an adult and chick, help me?
jumpy.gif

i got just the video for you :)

0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom