Chicken behavior can be side splitting hilarious

My flock gets a treat of BOSS and a little scratch every afternoon.
They definitely know when we’re late! :lol:
One particular hen, a red bantam Cochin called Sophie, is an absolute “Karen”.
She wants to speak with the manager immediately! She has never experienced such awful service! :rant:barnie:rant

I’m pretty sure there’s some “fowl” language in her daily tirades as well :gig
😂

I don't wear a watch. Now that I have an attention seeking brat in my pocket called a smart phone I can check the time if I need to.
For people who don't know me that well I'm a bit of a time problem. "Can we meet for supper at 7pm?" I might get asked. Me, "I can't make it until after roost time." Them, "what time is that?"
Me, "dusk."
Them, "what time is that?"
Me, "when the sun goes down."

I don't get many invitations to dinner....:D
Me, too. Even a bit before roost time. That's when the hens and my dog all get treats, then 1/2 hour later, it's bedtime, and they are all settled for the night. I really would rather be home with them, than out with people, so it works out great! 😁

Me, too. Even a bit before roost time. That's when the hens and my dog all get treats, then 1/2 hour later, it's bedtime, and they are all settled for the night. I really would rather be home with them, than out with people, so it works out great! 😁
I couldn't agree more. I'm a bit of a self-described misanthrope, so my chickens are more welcome than most people.

I don't wear a watch. Now that I have an attention seeking brat in my pocket called a smart phone I can check the time if I need to.
For people who don't know me that well I'm a bit of a time problem. "Can we meet for supper at 7pm?" I might get asked. Me, "I can't make it until after roost time." Them, "what time is that?"
Me, "dusk."
Them, "what time is that?"
Me, "when the sun goes down."

I don't get many invitations to dinner....:D
My gal friends gave me a Tshirt with the saying, I need to be home by sundown to put my girls to bed!!! LOL what we do for them.

A close friend thought I should have a smart phone. I told her I refuse to deal with such a tyrannical object, detesting phones my entire eight decades of life even as a teenager. So, she said she would buy it and also assume responsibility for adding minutes since I refuse to deal with Nazi phone providers and phone menus and non-humans.

I've had the smart phone for four years now. I've texted once and used the phone to make three calls over four years. It mostly lives in the dark dank recesses of my mail bag, losing its charge, and I have spent more time charging the thing than actually using it.

I feel the same way about my land line phone, hating it also. Somehow, I manage to survive without a phone grafted to my hand.
When verizon went to 5G, which I did not know , my old flip phone went dead. My son gave me a used smart phone. I forget to charge it and I get no reception where I live, Maybe one bar sometimes. Never thought I would use it, but, here comes the but. I have a hearing loss and it is difficult to talk on my land line, but my hearing aids are programed to the smart phone, clear as a bell. So, on the occation that I want to call someone, it is really a great help. Living alone on a mountain at 83, my kids feel better knowing that I can call if needed. It connects to wifi. Other then that, it sits on the counter. Yes, way to much technology, rather be out in the barn or garden.

When I left for Spain the last thing I did before getting into the airport was put the two mobile phones I had to carry for work etc on the floor and stamped on them. That was twelve years ago.
I had to have a mobile phone when I returned to the UK a decade later. You just can't function properly in the UK without one if you are dealing with the government at any level. My family also want me to at least carry a phone
Do as I do……… leave it in the … freezer, basement, car, closet, garage………
whenever actually I use it , I tend to just plop it down wherever I was ending conversation.
Problem or lack of it is that I can go week or so between the calls (that I need to make) and when I do… can’t remember where was last time I used it,😂😂😂
If you need me come and visit 😂

HATE daylight savings time crap with a passion. I have signed every petition to abolish but our government still insists on this stupid, archaic system. We have never had a cell phone of any kind, and frankly I don't care. I don't want a bunch of 'apps', am sick of 'technology' takeover and telephone rudeness in every store, etc.

Great picture in my head! I free feed mine so I had no clue.

This brings to mind my dog - DH always feeds him but is away for work & I was afraid I would forget to feed the poor guy. Turns out there is NO way he would let that happen, he stands next to his bowl, looks at me, looks at his bowl, looks at me, looks at his bowl…till I feed him. 😂 If I ignore that long enough he barks. He kills me.

I love animals. ❤️
We aren't quite ready for our chickens yet, but our dog has a built in clock too. He starts an hour ahead, trotting from wherever I am to his dish and on and on. He makes sure I have plenty of warning!

Back
Top Bottom