Chicken breathing heavily after attack

Blu Kote should not be used for severe wounds like this. Clean or irrigate the wounds with chlorhexidene/Hibiclens or Betadine for a day or two, since they may be infected or abscessed. Follow that with antibiotic ointment twice a day. After 2 days if no bad odor clean with saline or Vetericyn, and keep applying the antibiotic ointment twice a day until it heals. There can be a chance of internal injuries. Positing this sooner may have helped. Sugar water or electrolytes, and watery chicken feed and egg may help treat shock. Keep her separated.

Blu Kote should not be used for severe wounds like this. Clean or irrigate the wounds with chlorhexidene/Hibiclens or Betadine for a day or two, since they may be infected or abscessed. Follow that with antibiotic ointment twice a day. After 2 days if no bad odor clean with saline or Vetericyn, and keep applying the antibiotic ointment twice a day until it heals. There can be a chance of internal injuries. Positing this sooner may have helped. Sugar water or electrolytes, and watery chicken feed and egg may help treat shock. Keep her separated.
IMG_7677.png
IMG_7676.png
IMG_7675.png

Which ones the best do you think?

Update:

Unfortunately she has flystrike.
My parents cleaned her up twice today while I was gone with vinegar and they said lots of worms came out. We got Povidone-iodine now so we can clean her with it. The bottle says 10% so do I need to I dilute it? Do I jsut squirt some in there or how to I apply it? Do i apply the antibiotic ointment right after I dry her or wait a couple hours. Also how many times a day should I clean her with the povidone-iodine? Sorry for so many questions I’m just really scared for her.

Update:

Unfortunately she has flystrike.
My parents cleaned her up twice today while I was gone with vinegar and they said lots of worms came out. We got Povidone-iodine now so we can clean her with it. The bottle says 10% so do I need to I dilute it? Do I jsut squirt some in there or how to I apply it? Do i apply the antibiotic ointment right after I dry her or wait a couple hours. Also how many times a day should I clean her with the povidone-iodine? Sorry for so many questions I’m just really scared for her.
Looks like you are following up with a new thread?
I'd follow the instructions for care that @Eggcessive has given you on both this thread and the other one.

If you feel she needs to be put down, then have your parents take care of that.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/fly-strike-help-me.1625573/

Back
Top Bottom