Chicken Breed Focus - Aseel/Asil

Can't add anything, but I love their intelligence, tameness and loads of personality. Also can appreciate their indomitable spirits and courage. Aristocrats of the chicken world. Hens don't lay terribly. Too avoid any problems, you only need to separate, separate, separate. Which can make things a little more expensive and labor intensive. Buy from a good breeder who has consistency and history to boast, expect to pay a hundred dollars or more per bird.

Me and Lucky enjoying the sunshine before the storms hit again.Lucky has a cage inside the house and does Not know he is a chicken.

He is supposed to be Rajah asil.Even though "Rajah" according to the literature never existed,purely a marketing gimmick I suppose. He is 9 weeks old now. When we are outside He follows me wherever I go. When I sit down he jumps up onto my lap.

He is supposed to be Rajah asil.Even though "Rajah" according to the literature never existed,purely a marketing gimmick I suppose. He is 9 weeks old now. When we are outside He follows me wherever I go. When I sit down he jumps up onto my lap.

The story goes that the Rajahs, as in rulers of India, were above attending events involving so common an animal as a chicken. They had elephants and tigers for such activities. But I always figured that the Rajah Murgh's name implied that he was the king of all fowl.

Back
Top Bottom