Chicken Breed Focus - Cochin

Mr. Puff is one of my big boys.
1f600.png
I started with bantam Cochins and loved their personality. I have several black large fowl Cochins now intermingled with my other mixed up messed up chickens.
1f60f.png
. I have a Cochin girl who is the sweetest thing and I can often be seen carrying her around the yard. They are my favorite chicken breed.

Cochins are great! :) These are my two girls (though I lost the blue one a few months ago), and I've had no bad experiences with them. They are adorable, sweet, and make perfect little petting zoo chickens. Whenever we get asked to put on a petting zoo, I ALWAYS bring my Cochin.
What adorable girls! So sorry you lost the little blue :hugs I can believe they'd be a great hit in a petting zoo!

Mr. Puff is one of my big boys.
1f600.png
I started with bantam Cochins and loved their personality. I have several black large fowl Cochins now intermingled with my other mixed up messed up chickens.
1f60f.png
. I have a Cochin girl who is the sweetest thing and I can often be seen carrying her around the yard. They are my favorite chicken breed.

Mr. Puff (great name) is a handsome fellow!

These are some pictures of my very first cochin. Her name is Mumbles, and is a LF black cochin.
These are from a few weeks ago she has feathered out mostly now, and she is the sweetest thing <3 she loves perching on my shoulder, or arms/hands, and being hand fed.

These are some pictures of my very first cochin. Her name is Mumbles, and is a LF black cochin. These are from a few weeks ago she has feathered out mostly now, and she is the sweetest thing hands, and being hand fed.
What an adorable chick :love and a very cute name!

Beautiful birds!

I've only had clean-legged chickens and wondered if you have to do anything special with their feather legs/feet to keep them clean.

Thanks for sharing the photos everyone!

Back
Top Bottom