Chicken Breed Focus - Cochin

Pics

I accidentally got Bantam Cochins but I don't regret it one bit... My girls just adore them and they are so tolerant of being snuggled and carted around! Not sure who this is, Joaquin was what my daughter calls one if them; she couldn't pronounce "Cochin" ;)

Sweet picture, your daughter looks happy with her chickens!

I have one little black Cochin bantam hen named Cotchy. She is a very calm little hen, and a great broody. :D I hope to get some more Cochins in the future, they're on my ''wish list'' (I have a wish list a mile long). I've only owned one, but they are one of my favorite breeds!
Cotchy is a pretty girl, bet she is a great broody! Hear you on the "wish list"!

We have a pair of bantam Cochins. love these birds the have such personality. My hen has started laying eggs so hoping to hatch some babies

Congratulations on those first eggs! Good luck with the hatch, hope you get lots of chicks!

Let me count the ways I love these Cochin <3 We have bantams. Black, White, Red and just hatched out 10 chicks. Serious cuteness!!!

You have some beautiful birds, and love the frizzles! Congratulations on all the chicks, cuteness overload there!

Ok I have a Cochin .. This is her first set of eggs to sit on .. 3 has hatched and she has left the rest to feed the 3 that hatched. I went to check her eggs and noticed one was pipping out .. I had to get it out the egg because I also noticed there was three flys in there with it while it was still alive .. Did I do the right thing will it make it.. It's been a few hours since I got it out and it's still a live .. I was scared the flys that got inside the egg would kill it and I was only thinking off getting the flys off the still living chick .. Did I do wrong ?? !!

Back
Top Bottom