Chicken Breed Focus - Old English Game

gig.gif
oops! Perhaps I have made a mistake posting here.

Should I edit and delete my previous post from this thread??

It's all good. Like your creles.

Every time I see an OEGB I remember the time I went to a big regional poultry swap, got there in the middle of the night, and camped. I pitched a tent in one of the available spots, didn't pay much attention to the tent nest to me. That tent belonged to a guy that had OEG bantams, he had every possible color combination, in pairs. Must have had 400 of them in that tent. Needless to say, around 4 in the morning, they cranked it up. All of those proud tenor voices melding into one mind numbing roar. I will never forget that moment.

Every time I see an OEGB I remember the time I went to a big regional poultry swap, got there in the middle of the night, and camped. I pitched a tent in one of the available spots, didn't pay much attention to the tent nest to me. That tent belonged to a guy that had OEG bantams, he had every possible color combination, in pairs. Must have had 400 of them in that tent. Needless to say, around 4 in the morning, they cranked it up. All of those proud tenor voices melding into one mind numbing roar. I will never forget that moment.
Welcome to my life.
smile.png

ep.gif
OMG!!!

gig.gif
I'm sorry, but that's totally hilarious! But only because I wasn't there. Ouch!! They DO love competing!
(Mine like the 3am hour)
lau.gif

Just got this guy this weekend. I thought his coloring was pretty. I was told he is a OEB. Anyone have any more info based on appearance? 8 weeks old

Judging from the progression of this thread, Standard Old English Game might be more rare than any of those other fancy chickens. Here is another Cackle mock-up of an OEG, this one in BBR. It came green legged, and looked surprisingly like a Green Legged Hatch.

Can anyone speak to the noise level of OEG Bantams compared to other breeds of chickens? I am also wondering how they do around younger children. I am specifically looking at Red Pyle OEG Bantams.

Back
Top Bottom