Chicken Breed Focus Project

Can you add an Easter Egger one , The Easter Eggers should fall under the Ameraucana's just for the pics fun sake plus you give an explanation of their differences at the start but you got your people who are trying to correct the ones who have Easter Eggers because they are not true Ameraucana's . Their birds are just as nice in my book and this is not a Pure breed contest , it's fun thread that you came up w/ and I love seeing the pics. People who have submitted your Easter Eggers pics , I love seeing them and they are just as BEAUTIFUL !!!! Keep them coming.

All the breeds listed here, and you forgot my SILKIES! I have been raising Silkies for about 6 years now, and have 28, I started with 6. I hatch chicks out every spring. I love them. I think they look like fuzzy bedroom slippers!
I find them docile, gentle, quiet, and just downright lovable. My rooster comes running over and will stand on my feet until I pick him up. We are in a very cold climate and the Silkies tolerate the cold very well.

Folks give them time. They haven't been doing this really that long. Looks like they are trying to do every week or two.

I call dibs on having my breed fine next. The beautiful Naked Neck. Ha ha.

To the ones doing this thread though, you are doing a might fine job, keep up the good work. I am just kidding though on being the next breed focus.

I am enjoying the articles. Thanks for you hard work.

We are doing them weekly, every Thursday, we're doing a new breed
smile.png
The ones listed above are the breeds we've done already and that list gets updated as and when we do new breeds.

@terrybizz We'll never forget Silkies! I'll let you know when we feature them.

Will there be a breed feature on the White Leghorn?.
Being a newbie, I have not studied the breed standards yet, but need resources. And photos of cockerel versus pullet. I was supposed to get all pullets, and they all have wattles and single combs of a deep red... Help

Would also love to see the Belgian breeds... especially the Uccle, otherwise known as Millefeuille.

Some say d'Uccle because they pronounce it (dewclay). From Uccle, in Belgium.

It is in the Poultry standard as a bearded and booted batten.

Need to find a breeder.

Back
Top Bottom