Chicken Breed Focus Project

Pics
Will there be a breed feature on the White Leghorn?.
Being a newbie, I have not studied the breed standards yet, but need resources. And photos of cockerel versus pullet. I was supposed to get all pullets, and they all have wattles and single combs of a deep red... Help
Yes, definitely!

Would also love to see the Belgian breeds... especially the Uccle, otherwise known as Millefeuille.

Some say d'Uccle because they pronounce it (dewclay). From Uccle, in Belgium.

It is in the Poultry standard as a bearded and booted batten.

Need to find a breeder.
We've got d'Uccle Bantams on the list of breeds that we're going to feature still.

Can you add an Easter Egger one , The Easter Eggers should fall under the Ameraucana's just for the pics fun sake plus you give an explanation of their differences at the start but you got your people who are trying to correct the ones who have Easter Eggers because they are not true Ameraucana's . Their birds are just as nice in my book and this is not a Pure breed contest , it's fun thread that you came up w/ and I love seeing the pics. People who have submitted your Easter Eggers pics , I love seeing them and they are just as BEAUTIFUL !!!! Keep them coming.
We might do EE's as a "special" when we are done with the pure breeds and do a few popular hybrids.

Thanks!
Very few people breed Silkies around here. I seem to be the only one in my area. Every year, by word of mouth, I get requests for chicks and fertilized eggs. They are the perfect chickens for children. I'm surprised more people don't seem to know about them.

Hi everyone,
Im super new to raising chickens, have four layers and 10 eaters, not sure what breed they are, live in the mountains in andalucia spain, got them from the local farm, he doesnt know just said hens and chickens, which wasnt great help..was wondering if theres a breed thats good layer and eater.. thanks

Hi everyone,
Im super new to raising chickens, have four layers and 10 eaters, not sure what breed they are, live in the mountains in andalucia spain, got them from the local farm, he doesnt know just said hens and chickens, which wasnt great help..was wondering if theres a breed thats good layer and eater.. thanks
Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
Four layers and ten eaters? Do you mean meat birds? Have you looked at the Breeds section at the breakdown and reviews of the different breeds? There are a number of good dual purpose breeds around, i.e. birds that are good layers and nice table birds.

Back
Top Bottom