Chicken breeders or Folks in South Africa?

Pics
Hi Joanne, I am not sure what you are asking? Pekins can stop laying eggs for a long time, i had had birds who used to lay regularly, stop for a period of up to 8 months. A lot of my hens will stop laying when they moult too, some will keep going, others will stop completely. It does happen.

How many pekin do you have? What are you feeding them?

Andy

Hi all. I used to chat on this thread as "Boeremeisie", but I deleted the email address I used for that profile and now I can't get into that profile anymore. I just opened this new account. Hope everyone is doing well :) I remember early on in the thread someone discussed Barred Plymouth Rocks and I finally obtained a trio. They are large, beautiful chickens, but very scared. They are still young though, but I hope to breed from them.

Last edited:
Hi all. I used to chat on this thread as "Boeremeisie", but I deleted the email address I used for that profile and now I can't get into that profile anymore. I just opened this new account. Hope everyone is doing well :) I remember early on in the thread someone discussed Barred Plymouth Rocks and I finally obtained a trio. They are large, beautiful chickens, but very scared. They are still young though, but I hope to breed from them.

Welcome back.

I really like plymouth rocks, and will definitely get a few one day.

Hi all! does anyone know about eqyptian fayoumies in this country? apparently they are resistant to bird flu? does anyone have any experience with their temperament?

HI IM OWEN 1969,LIVE IN KUILS RIVER,CAPE TOWN.
IM LOOKING TO BUY MINORCAS,ONE COCK AND TWO OR THREE HENS PLS.
CELL NO :0827060876 OR HOME NUMBER 021-903-9157 OR WORK 021-949555
PLA CONTACT ME WITH PRICE OR WHERE I CAN BUY.
MANY THANKS
OWEN

Hi everyone, show in Worcester was lovely! I always love the big buff Orps and Australorps. You just want to hug them!!
Will post a few pics soon..

Back
Top Bottom