Chicken Breeds and Pictures of Them

i only have bantams, this is my mixed flock of them.
i have:
3 bantam cochins. colors: birchen, black tailed red, and splash
a bb red oegb
a dark brahma bantam
and a buff brahma bantam roo

Attachments

• IMG_1403.jpg
    IMG_1403.jpg
    396.1 KB · Views: 7
Standard phoenixes. Got my first 4 a few years ago (4 I think)). It was an older trio (already 2 or 3 at the time) and a feathered out pullet about 10 weeks.

Since then they have multiplied to 7 related adults, and 7 related grow outs plus a trio unrelated I added just to loosen the strain on genetics. This count doesn't include about 30 that I'm not keeping/have already moved on, plus 3 I was going to keep but got into accidents

Lots of colors have come out of the originals, which were all golden duckwings.

Excellent brood mamas, taking giant clutches and often open to adopting if done right away.

Not sure in egg count since they're always building nests hidden away and coming back with babies, but I once found one that had 30 eggs before I pulled duds out

They live to roost, and the mama roosting here took her babies about 15 feet in the air at 6 weeks old to roost
Yes, however I've been told most of my chick this year have other genes since theoretically i should just have more carbon copies of the parents which I'm not getting
@JacinLarkwell I see that your rooster appears to have a red chest, which I didn’t notice before. Is this true?

It might be easier to start with an established resource like Barry Koffler's FeatherSite than to create one in the form of a thread. It will make finding information relevant to the people that are searching for it, much harder.

Hi!
I have decided i am going to make this thread to get information about different types of chickens.
So far, i have made an Orpington post, and that was very helpful. If you have a cool breed of chickens, could you please list some facts about your birds? So far i have White Leghorn. (and Orpington, jeez their pretty)
Thank you!
EDIT: If you have an Easter egger or olive egger, can you tell if they lay eggs and what colors they are? Blue and green are the main colors but i was wondering if their was a difference.
I have 1 EE and she lays a light olive egg

Back
Top Bottom